Getting Life Right

After three years of living in Oakridge, Or I'm still not a mountain girl.  We've camped about three times, went on about five hikes and we've been bike riding a total of four times.  For someone who grew up in small Westwood, California with the woods just to the right of my sturdy two story house, I sure have turned into a home body who likes the indoors.  I used to get pitch in my hair and climb to the tip top of trees, we made forts and rode three wheelers and even ran on the dirt paths of the forest.  Now, I can't even be persuaded to train for a 5k that I've signed up for unless I have my i-pod cranking and focus on those pesky 20lbs. I still want to loose.

I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  After all when I moved here I had a nine month old son who was still breastfeeding, was still 45lbs. overweight from being pregnant and immediately started suffering from allergies I didn't even know I had.  Not a real good recipe for wanting to enjoy the mountain air.

For a woman who eats her emotions, it's a miracle that I only have twenty pounds to loose after three years.  If you want to talk about high stress, when I moved here, I had a job teaching and tutoring at a charter/homeschool school two days a week with beginning California teaching experience, my mother in law (whom we had moved here to be closer to) was struggling with Cancer and to top it all off my husband and I (who have no prior knowledge of floristry) bought an old flower shop that had recently been through a fire and had lost it's greenhouses.  So much for moving to the recreation capitol of the world to enjoy the mountain biking, kayaking and fresh air.

Now, I am the owner and operator of my own daycare (find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeneesDaycare) and have been for two full years.  I get to stay home with my now three and a half year old and watch him and all his friends play and learn.  My husband and I still own the flower shop (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midway-Gardens/169573603068269 and www.midwaygardens.com) and it turns out my husband doesn't need prior experience to be good at anything.  He's awesome!!!  He self taught himself and takes classes to add creativity and flare to his artistry.  I couldn't be a luckier lady.

I guess now, all that's left is for me to consistently take my allergy medicine, get out there and train for that 5k, (http://silvanridge.com/index.php/the-latest/2nd-annual-twilight-5k-45/) and suppress my emotional eating so I can smoke those pesky 20 lbs., be committed to my wednesday night yoga class (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dance-of-Joy-Yoga/182082426384, love God (http://www.oakridgeag.org/), love my family and love myself.  Feel free to join me on this journey. (www.facebook.com/denee.frelich)

Comments